Stovetop Roasters is Hiring!
We are currently accepting resumes for two positions.
Stovetop Roasters has been a staple in the West Michigan specialty coffee scene since its inception in 2015. With a reach that extends from Grand Rapids, to Holland, to Ann Arbor, we are a company that continually seeks to empower our employees as we are able and push together towards being the best we can be.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Job: Barista
Stovetop is looking for baristas for our Grand Rapids, MI community-focused cafe space. As we transition out of this last year and look forward to normalcy, we are seeking baristas who want to join our team and push towards upward momentum and improved customer experience.
About You: We are looking for someone who values community and building a sustainable business within that. A fun-loving and hardworking individual who is driven and excited about working with coffee. We want someone who loves hearing others’ stories and serving with a smiling face! Someone who wants to be a key role in a community staple and plug-in immediately.
- Educating customers about our product in a way that is approachable and exciting to all
- Serving coffee, bagels, and various beverages in a public setting
- Working with other staff to maintain a healthy and clean workspace
- Engaging with a team of baristas and working within that team towards a common goal
- A willingness to learn and grow both as a Barista and as a Customer Service worker
- Maintaining positive relationships with coworkers
- Using Stovetop Best Practices and quality guidelines to maintain cafe quality
- Closing and opening procedures
- Basic register operation including taking orders and payments
- Being able to take constructive criticism for the sake of personal and company growth
- Due to Covid -19 restrictions, employees are required to wear a mask and follow state and federally mandated safety and social distancing guidelines
Preferred Experience (not required):
- Previous barista experience in a high-quality cafe
- An understanding of Slack as a communication tool
- Square POS knowledge
- Knowledge of modern barista tools, practices, equipment, and trends
- Experience in teaching, effective communication, and high-quality customer service
- An understanding of the West Michigan cafe culture and local customer needs
- A desire to continuously learn and perfect the craft of the Barista within a business setting
- Open availability in scheduling
- Ability to taste and discern coffee quality and differences
Stovetop Roasters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We love and welcome applicants of all races, colors, religions, identities, national origins, ages, abilities, and genetic information.